The entertainment, shopping, restaurants, relaxation, and Rotarian friendship alone are all perfectly good reasons to attend district conference this April 26-29 at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort. But to add to the incentive, conference attendees are in for a weekend of full inspiring stories. Each general session will feature a high impact speaker or highlight the great work done locally and around the world by our very own District 6900 Rotarians.
Examples of major general session segments include:
- Friday night: Shan Cooper, Chief Transformation Officer of WestRock and former Vice President and General Manager of Lockheed Martin’s Cobb County office
- Saturday morning: Learn how technology and innovation are shaping our world from a moderated, TED-style panel of speakers including:
- Aimee Copeland, flesh-eating bacteria survivor, mental health counselor, and founder of the Aimee Copeland Foundation
- Stewart Rodeheaver, retired US Army Brigadier General and founder of Vizitech USA, a company specializing in 3D technology, augmented reality (AR), and virtual reality (VR) learning programs
- Dr. Pinar Keskinocak, co-founder and director of the Center for Health and Humanitarian Systems at Georgia Tech
- Art MacQueen, panel moderator and Rotary Zone 34 Coordinator from Jacksonville, FL
- Saturday evening: Celebrate the amazing work and service projects by clubs from around our district in an Oscars-style award ceremony
- Sunday morning: Close out your conference experience with stories of hope and transformation as we hear stories about programs such as Laws of Life, Rotary Youth Exchange, and End Human Trafficking Now.
If you’ve never had the chance to observe the work of a world-class artist in action, you’ll have your once in a lifetime opportunity at Rotacon 2018. One of the top portrait artists in the world, Rossin will join us for a special session on Saturday afternoon. Starting around 1:00 pm, he will transform a blank canvas into a portrait of an American icon, Jackie Onassis, for all registered conference attendees to observe. And then starting at 2:30 pm, Rossin will change gears and share his personal story on the power of Rotary.
Later that day during the Saturday evening general session, the Jackie Onassis portrait will be auctioned off live with all proceeds being contributed to one of Rossin’s favorite causes, Rotary’s PolioPlus campaign. This is an amazing opportunity to observe a master artist in action that you will not want to miss.
Don’t forget to register at https://rotary6900.org/conference as soon as possible so that you have an opportunity to win one of the remaining registration prizes. One winner from all registered District 6900 Rotarians will be selected to win the prize shown for each date below. Remaining prizes include:
- February 15: $150 Sandestin Gift Card
- February 28: Apple HomePod
- March 15: 3 Nights in Grand Complex 2 Bedroom Unit
We look forward to seeing you at Sandestin! #rotacon2018 #18rotary6900