District Conference 2018 Update
Less Than Eight Weeks to Rotacon 2018!
Join us in Sandestin from April 26-29!
weather, blooming plants, and longer days – all signs that district conference
is just around the corner! Rotacon 2018 promises to be a weekend full of great
speakers, enjoyable excursions, and Rotarian fellowship that you won’t want to
2018 is less than
eight weeks away. Keep in mind these important items
over the coming weeks.
- Submissions for club project awards are due by March 15. Club should submit their best two projects, either community or international, through the district website. Go to https://rotary6900.org/v2/project and be sure to click “yes” in the “Submit for Rotacon Service Oscars” section. And we need pictures and unedited video clips from the projects also! Winners for top service projects will be announced in an Oscars-style celebration on Saturday night.
- Our room block with Sandestin is guaranteed through March 15. Be sure to book your room by then to make sure you get the best possible location.
- Registration rates increase on April 1. Book
now to secure the best rate.
might be asking yourself “so, what’s with all of the videos?” Here’s a quick
- Digital scrapbooks – in lieu of a physical scrapbook, clubs should prepare a short video (3 minutes max) to highlight the club service, fellowship, and anything exciting from the 2017-18 Rotary year.
- Facebook conference contest – just for fun and to help promote the excitement of district conference, put a quick video together highlight how your club likes to celebrate conference. Post the video to your club’s Facebook page and mention District 6900 (@Rotary6900) so that it can be shared to all District 6900 followers. The best video wins their club a free drink for all registered Rotarians.
- Service Oscars video – clubs do NOT need to prepare a video
for the Service Oscars, but the do need to submit pictures and unedited video
along with the project submission on the district website. The district
conference team will take care of editing and preparing all of the videos
needed for the Service Oscars.
Don’t forget to register at https://rotary6900.org/conference by March 15th so that you have an opportunity to win the final
registration prize –
3 nights in a Grand Complex 2 bedroom unit!
forward to seeing you at Sandestin! #rotacon2018 #18rotary6900
Posted by Ryan Clements
March 6, 2018